Ethan is in a creative stint as well. Throughout the day he just asks me the most deep, thought out questions that I always stop and scratch my head and wonder, Little boy, who put that great, giant brain in your six-year-old noggin? For example, every day, without fail, Ethan comes home and "preaches the Bible" to me. He relates whatever Bible story Mrs. Beard has been telling at school. Lately it has been King David, his friend Jonathon, and all their love for one another. I think E particularly relates to this one, because that boy truly & unselfishly loves his friends!!! Even when the friends are unkind, and quite mean, in my opinion, Ethan loves them tirelessly. I hope he never loses this quality. After he told me about David, and Jonathon's death and how David promised to take care of all his family, he said "I can't wait until tomorrow to find out what happens!!" Man, if only I had that attitude toward the Bible, I could be a spiritual giant!!
He often asks me, "Mom, what's your favorite Bible story?" This is hard for me to answer, so I usually tell him 2 or 3 of my favorites. Then he'll launch into, "Mom, let's make up some short little stories about ____" Every day is a different topic. I just love this age. He is so sweet, and learning so much. I wish I could freeze time and just take this age back to enjoy. I sure love that boy, that much is certain!!
No comments:
Post a Comment