It is 9am, I am up, not in too much pain, I am even blogging, which means I am on top of all the housework (daily, anyway), have received/returned my calls and I am ready to go out for errands. All in all, that is an awesome start to the day for me. I am thankful!!
I was reading my Bible today and these verse really spoke to me.
Ephesians 4:[29] Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
[30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
I have chosen this verse to examine & inspirationally apply to my life many, many times. I like the verse because it is so true, and I find myself often eng.aging in "corrupt communication." Not necessarily speaking like a sailor in my case, but getting involved & drawn into conversations that have nothing to benefit me spiritually. I almost never think of verse 30 along with the corrupt conversation part. The reason I am to have a pure heart & a pure mouth is so that I can maintain an appropriate relationship with the holy Spirit. Of course that is a goal for me!! I want God in my daily life--not only in my daily life, I want Him in control. Thank you God for your abundant mercy every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment