Thursday, February 14, 2008

Food, drink & Valentine's observations

Hi! I'm spreading the love today!!!

You will all love this....I helped with E's party today and I was in charge of punch. So instead of just buying pop or juice, I decided to make smoothies, no sugar, no dye. The moms loved them, and the kids did not. Why do I do this?? Ethan & one other little boy tanked up on the stuff, and everyone else did not. Now, I am sitting home with the pitcher!!! Just need a little alcohol and i could have a GREAT Valentine's day!! Hee hee

Well Brad just emailed me a brownie recipe. I thought mine were pretty good.... just kidding. It turns out it's from Food Network and the brownies have coffee in them. So I might actually make these next week for our youth group. that way they aren't hanging out around the house (the brownies, I mean).

Have you ever noticed how super-busy things get in the grocery stores around Valentine's Day? I love seeing the floral departments the night before and the day of, it is like a flower explosion with heavenly colors, scents, you name it. I think how awesome it will be someday in heaven if God has flowers there. I mean, He must be the greenest thumb in the universe. Perhaps He even has flowers that were never able to grow here. Maybe when they bloom, fireworks shoot out and music plays. Wouldn't that be something? Isn't my mind a mysterious place?

The other thing about Valentine's Day & flowers are all the multitudes of men shuffling in. I think it is so funny. Today Ethan & I sat in the van outside HyVee and I people-watched while we ate Sonic. I am just amazed at the cross-section of humanity that came out of that store with flowers. I saw a man in his 50's that looked like a nice Grandpa. Then I saw a yuppy, complete with polo shirt, Dockers & Land's end belt (the one w/the grosgrain ribbon & double metal buckle that looks like a letter D). The last and funniest was a man with very thick facial hair, a chest-length beard, overalls, and a camo jacket. This guy could have walked right out of the Ozark mountains. He looked like a loner to me, but sure enough, there's some woman in his life that makes him want to buy flowers. That cracked me up!!

After lunch, I noticed that Ethan felt warm, well he has 101 fever!! I freaked out!! Two weeks ago, he had the flu with a high fever. I took him in last week, and the doctor said he had the flu....so again, a fever, and this time, he has swollen/blocked lymph nodes in his neck and a possible sinus infection. I am a little torqued at doc, I told her last week that the right side of his neck was swollen and hard as a rock to the touch. So now, a week later, he still feels like crap, is having coughs, nose bleeds, nasal congestion and this!!! So I sure hope he feels better soon. Poor guy. Sick day tomorrow. :(

I need a smile now!! So here's the smile I love most in this world. I cranked out this LO, a scraplift from pencil lines.com. I love stealing ideas, and at least I always give them credit.

No comments: