Today I burned up the highways!! It was such a busy day, but such a good thing for me, who last fall was unable to drive because of my pain. Tonight I am tired & hurting, but the pain is still manageable, Praise God!!! Can you tell that I am excited to have a second chance on life? It is an awesome thing, and I am truly blessed.
Since I was in the car today to go to a check up in KC with the neurologist, I had lots of time to sing aloud with the radio in praise, pray, and think about Ethan's conversion yesterday. I am floored by how he is soaking in everything he studies this year, but I have had some very strong hints that he has been meditating on scripture. He has asked the "zinger" questions since he started Kindergarten, reading and moved up to Sparks in Awana clubs. We started out the year discussing why Jesus died, His glorious resurrection, and what that means for us. Ethan became tearful on many occasions when he asked questions about what happens to family and others after they die. I am so thankful that my faith allows me the opportunity to answer his questions from the Bible. He admires Old Testament heroes so much, largely in part to the excitement his teacher Mrs. Beard puts into her Bible teaching every day at school. He came to understand that these were real people, too and that they are with the Lord in heaven as well. He asked and came to understand that sin was doing wrong-and separation from God. He had trouble grasping the fact that he was a sinner-but was able easily to identify that Mommy is a sinner. (really I need all the help I can get, but it did give me cause to chuckle). I explained forgiveness-and he understood, but still didn't think of himself as a sinner. About 3 weeks ago-Ethan came home and we spent an afternoon answering his question, "If I do something wrong or make sin, will God forgive me?" I explained that just like his slate at school-God erases our sins because of Christ's sacrifice & resurrection when we chose to accept Him as our Lord. Ethan has been thinking-and asking very ADULT questions regarding faith and the Bible.
You may wonder why I am going into such detail. You have to understand that I really was in terrible pain for a long, long time-and there were some nights that lasted so long to me that I thought I would wake up with the Lord. It is so hard to describe, and very emotional for me, but I really at times prayed to God that He would call me home and relieve me of the pain in my body. But God provided a solution for my dilemma physically with my pain pump. He is so awesome that He also provided a solution for my spiritual dilemma. I sin, terribly, but now, since I have accepted Christ as my Savior-He has promised me that He will redeem me to heaven some day, and He forgives my sins-just like magic-any time I ask. So I am recording these small details about my child because I want him to know about my faith. I want him to know about his dad's faith-what we believe!! I want him to understand that I am not a crazy mom making silly claims about my child's prodigious Christian conversion! I am simply writing a love note to Ethan to tell him that he is a very unique, special, sweet, beloved boy who God has smiled upon and allowed to understand His plan of salvation at a very, very early age. I am so thankful to the Lord, our immediate family will now be together in eternity!!!
To readers of my blog and friends from sb.com-I hope that I have not offended you, but this is something that I am called to do!! I would be happy to speak to you at any time regarding this matter, it would be my honor.
No comments:
Post a Comment