Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday update-back at the ranch

Today is Monday-it got here much faster than I would have liked thanks to the ushering-in of Daylight Savings. I'm not sure why it happened so soon this year, but I am grateful to see the sun for a longer period of time each day!

This morning, I rested and picked Ethan up from school. Before picking him up, I went to the library. I have discovered the beauty of "requesting" items on the web for later pickup at the desk in the library. It is amazing-you request an item, and no more hunting, you get an email informing you the books are ready, then you just go in and pick them up. My only problem was my "ingenius" idea. I really enjoy reading chic lit (all those books with pink, cartoony covers about women), so I had an idea....I went onto Amazon.com, and searched for chic lit....then I made a list of like 10 authors they recommended. I took the author names and requested on the library site like crazy. Usually, it takes a few weeks for all the books you request to come due....but this time-they all were available for pickup. So I get to the library, and I had 22 books to check out!!! They weren't all wimpy volumes, either. Some of them (at least half) were the huge, first edition hardbacks, so I had taken in one bag, and had to buy 2 more for $.10 each. I had to make two trips back into the library, and I am positive that I heard some snickering from the checkout desk staff. Oh well, as of today I'll be reading and rechecking these books for the REST OF MY ADULT LIFE!! So please, make sure that if you go on a requesting rampage, keep a list and do it in small spurts. Don't be a Lauri-bringing the whole chic lit genre home in one go.

Today, we also watched Baby Isabel for Joanna, and it was so fun. She is so completely adorable, and such a beautiful baby. I am just amazed that one so little can be so enthralled with Ethan. She cranes her neck to be able to see whatever it is he's doing, it just cracked me up. I even got some short video of her calling for him and trying to touch his face. So cute!!

No comments: