Wednesday, March 26, 2008

If You're a Christian-I just had the biggest MOM spiritual moment of my life!!!


Hi to all from the Bernet family-Ethan had quite a day today-he accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior this morning after school. I was with him, prayed with him & can say, as a parent-I can’t imagine a better day than this one!! We are encouraging him to share his news with others, and he is pretty excited. I know he may have many questions because he is very young-but I do believe with all my heart that he understood the nature of sin, the consequence of sin & his need for forgiveness & a savior. WOW. I trust God to clarify any questions he has and any doubts that we may have!! Thanks to all of you for your time, efforts & love toward our family, and thanks for enjoying our news with us!! Love, Lauri

The above email text doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now..... I have been praying since I found out that I was pregnant-so for almost 8 years-that my child would be saved. I cannot tell you how incredibly blessed I feel to have been used by the Lord to lead this wonderful boy of mine to Christ!! This just goes to show how great God truly is! Spiritually-I have been treading through a dry & thirsty land for such a long time now-with my health and all. I have been less than faithful in my Bible reading and prayer life-missing some days. I am humbled in the sight of my Lord, and so, so thankful for His undying mercy & grace. He is my all!

One funny thing about Ethan's conversion is his reaction. He is very excited and descriptive, such as "Now I am going to have everlasting life and not perish like it says in John 3:16." I KID YOU NOT the child really said that exact statement!! Gee whiz-'out of the mouth of babes' sure is true. Then Ethan said,"When I get to heaven, I sure am going to be so happy to meet Elijah & Elisha, and David and Jonathan and most of all Moses." He is a little bit embarassed, so I have been trying to point out the positive to him. When I pressed him to see why he was embarassed, he said "I don't want all the people to know that I have made some sin." WOW-'out of the mouth of babes' again!!

The really unique thing about the sequence of events that led Ethan to pray the prayer of salvation is that it started correction. I picked him up from school, and for the second day in a row, he had a little disagreement with one of the other boys in his class. Yesterday, the other boy grabbed him and said something to hurt his feelings. Today the boy again hurt his feelings, then Ethan sat by him in gym-and the boy said, "Don't sit by me." Ethan responded, "But I am your friend, I want to sit by you." The boy got up and moved to another seat. This is very hard for me as a parent-not knowing exactly what happened, but also wondering when to intervene. Ethan told me today that the class memory verse is Phillipians 4:8 "[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things
Ethan applied this verse correctly in telling me that he thinks the boy is not doing what this verse says, instead the boy is thinking of bad things and that is not what God wants. WOW-I am going to be struck by lightning or something here.... Anyway, we prayed for the boys to be able to work things out and went on about our day. We went into a store to look at CDs and books-and Ethan was being very rude, calling the store boring, etc....I could not believe it! It was almost like he had a split personality or something! I scolded him and told him that he might have hurt the clerk's feelings in the store. All of a sudden, he started crying and saying "I apologize" and then said "I made a sin." After that things got busy really fast. We got in the van, and he was asking if God would forgive him and what Jesus thought about his sin, etc...so I prayed aloud with him and now he is a born-again Christian!! Yea!! He even has been linking Bible stories this afternoon, and telling me he wants to be a preacher when he grows up!! I cannot believe it, but I am so relieved. I hope this momentum pushes me to be bold with everyone I know for Christ. Thanks Lord-You are faithful*You answer prayer*You provide*You love me. I don't know what to say at all!!


No comments: