Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Remembering last Snow Day

Last night, Brad & I were talking, and he reminded me of an "unpreserved" memory he has of Ethan on our last snow day. It was not only a snow day, but a day when Brad was also off work. This has NEVER happened in our 10 years of marriage, but it did one magical day, no school, no work. Just sheer cold, snowy memories. Ethan & Brad decided to shovel the drive. Ethan has an innate desire to work hard. He loves all types of manual labor, but especially shoveling snow. As Brad shoveled along side, he started listening to what seemed nonsensical commentary from Ethan, only to realize that E was writing another story. Another day, another story....Ethan said something similar to the following. " I have been working so hard every day, every day. I love to work, but I sure would like a day off. I've been working every day for 10,000 years now, and I'd enjoy a day off...." more musings from a boy with a lot of fantasies churning in his little brain. Hee Hee

No comments: