Monday, March 24, 2008

Some days are so long....

Today is E's last day of spring break. I had very high hopes for this day-of getting out of the house, doing anything pretty much, but he wanted to stay home and "explore his toys." Boy howdy, has he explored. Although I did thank him for neatly putting everything back where it belonged. I guess I can understand his reluctance to get up & go-I remember as a kid loving day off partly because I could do literally NOTHING. Every kid needs unstructured quiet time, I just have to remember that. ALSO I am so excited-E is very approachable and helpful today in the great toy organization drive. We have promised him he can get a hamster if he helps us organize his toys. So I need to go back to WalMart and buy some more bins & baskets, and I really think this task is do-able. The more I think about it, the more ideas I have for reclaiming that third of my living room that has been invaded and completely taken over by action figures, cars, robots and all the goodies boys heap upon themselves for their happiness. So "Little People" toys, mismatched movie figurines....look out, MAMA's cleanin' house & takin' names. You'll all be better off grouped together some how. Hee Hee she laughs in her 'evil genius' voice.

No comments: