To say "time really flies" seems so pat and over-used to me. However, the older I get, the more I realize that this saying is true!!! I was thinking that especially today, when I was looking at a page I scrapped last night of my son & my nephew when they were both babies. I cannot believe that they are 6 & 7 years old now!!! I think since I have become a mom, things are much busier in a way, and time just seems to go so quickly. I watch Ethan and just take him in during the day, and he is getting not only physically big, but growing by leaps & bounds intellectually. He is reading avidly, and it comes very naturally to him. It literally seems like a week ago when I brought him home from the hospital, and was nursing and rocking him to get him to sleep. It makes me a little bit sad-I miss those baby days. But I like being a big-boy's mom as well. So for today, I am happy!!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Thoughts on time...
To say "time really flies" seems so pat and over-used to me. However, the older I get, the more I realize that this saying is true!!! I was thinking that especially today, when I was looking at a page I scrapped last night of my son & my nephew when they were both babies. I cannot believe that they are 6 & 7 years old now!!! I think since I have become a mom, things are much busier in a way, and time just seems to go so quickly. I watch Ethan and just take him in during the day, and he is getting not only physically big, but growing by leaps & bounds intellectually. He is reading avidly, and it comes very naturally to him. It literally seems like a week ago when I brought him home from the hospital, and was nursing and rocking him to get him to sleep. It makes me a little bit sad-I miss those baby days. But I like being a big-boy's mom as well. So for today, I am happy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Time flies by so fast! At least you now have all the beautiful pages you made of your son to look back and also to look forward. You probably already see a glimpse of what he will become.
Post a Comment