Sunday night we returned from our 4 day/3 night vacation in St. Louis. We went to see Steven (my youngest brother) perform the lead in Oklahoma the musical at Webster University. It was awesome. I was very impressed with the positive changes in Steven's voice & dancing and acting since I last saw him perform 3 years ago. Halley, his girlfriend, was in the chorus, and is one of the most graceful & incredible dancers that I have ever seen perform. Awesome job guys.
Ethan had a great time. We haven't traveled in a while, so he was very nervous for some reason. But he hung in there. There were 45 total Pierce family who were there staying either in the hotel with us or at Steven's house. It was so impressive to see that many family gather together. Then 8 more from the VanDyke side attended the matinee on Sunday-bringing the total to 53. Isn't that incredible??
We drove in on Thursday afternoon and stayed in the hotel, intending to help out with the airport run on Friday morning, but we weren't needed for that. So we packed up and met the Burks, Robinsons, Pattersons and M. Pierces at the zoo. Abby Burk had a birthday party there and it was really fun. All the kids were so happy to see each other. However, Ethan has a special smile and special behavior he saves only for the two closest cousins-Sam & Jack. They are truly like 3 peas in a pod. They love each other totally and completely!
Friday night, the Pierce family (my immediate family) went to the play. We wanted the boys to be able to see Steven & have a small bit of attention they didn't have to share with the whole large group. It was super fun. We even got to go backstage and visit him in his dressing room-a big hit with the boys. Ethan was so convinced by S's performance that he thought he was dead at intermission (just following a dream sequence & fight scene).
Saturday-we took the boys to the Science Center, then left there, went to a park for a picnic lunch, out for ice cream and back to swim at the hotel. We had some tired little guys. Mine especially started bawling every time he finished swimming. Saturday night's crying was mixed with whining the following words: "Cousins....gonna miss them.....they'll miss me.....cousins...." It was so pitiful, it could have made a grown man cry. I feel guilty enough as it is that we never see them, but much more of this and I would have lost my mind.
Sunday-continuation of cousins crying-Magic House-lunch out & drive home. Gee am I ever glad to be home!!
Tomorrow I have an interview at Ethan's school to be the new choir director. I am super nervous, but I do think God has prepared this task for me, so I am praying for His blessing & will. We'll see, later. L
No comments:
Post a Comment