Thursday, April 10, 2008

Refocusing on Joy

Sometimes I get into a slump. I don't think it's just me, I am sure it happens to others as well. I often notice my "slumps" are derived from the ordinary issues of life. Mine originate with adhering to my regular schedule. School in the morning, home for lunch, laundry, dishes, bills and other tasks of life-then to bed only to wake in the morning and repeat. I really enjoy the small things in life, but occasionally they become a burden. They become stale & routine. This week, however is not stale, not routine because of the diversity of all my days. This is a week when I can refocus my life on others, on the unusual and bask in the joy of a week of busy happiness in the Lord.

Yesterday we went to the home of Ethan's classmate Den. Den & his mom & two brothers came here about a month ago for lunch and play and we all hit it off very well. I really enjoy talking frankly with Rebecca and really relate to her as a mom. We are getting to know each other through E's school and it is so good to toss around ideas about the school and our place there with someone else in the ranks. I think she is very positive and I can see myself spending a lot of time with her.

Today, we went over to the Wheat home. They are our neighbors and friends that we met 3 years ago in Ethan's preschool. I absolutely love Kristine, the mom. Ethan adores both Lauren & Jamison and truly longs for time spent with them. There is something so special about their family-they are so positive & encouraging that it always feels like such a boost to spend time with them. I am so thankful for both play dates-they made our week fun & quick. Who wouldn't love that?

1 comment:

Babydoll said...

Remember that joy cometh in the morning!! I hope your day is better tomorrow.