Friday, April 18, 2008

Another Novelette from the Master, Ethan

These were dictated and transcribed on April 16, 2008.

Chapter 1-Life with Fluffy the hamster & friends

Okay. Once upon a time I was hom and I wanted to go get a pet. I got a hamster. I fed him every day, and I also clean his cage. After that the hamster was sleeping, The End.

Chapter 2-The Alvarado Family (editorial note-this has nothing to do with the Alvarado family-but hey, it's not my story, love MOM.)

Once upon a time, there was a boy named Ethan. He liked to do stuff. He could do some things like jump, dance and run. At school, Cubbie said, "I am faster than you." The other kids said "slow poke" I did not cry. The End

Chapter 3-Going to the KU Parade on Massachusetts Street (the parade was Sunday, April 13, 2008).

Once upon a time there was a boy named Ethan. Ethan was so happy. He was up on Dad's head. ( I think I should translate that he was sitting on his dad's shoulders since there was such a crowd. This shoulder seat was Dad's preference to the 6 or 9 foot ladder suggested by our illustrious pastor. Hey Hawks? Did you see those 2 white kids on a ladder? Some might be reminded of the Bible when the men lowered their friend through the roof to see Jesus. This however, is basketball aftermath, so the ladder was ditched. Thank God!) He sawed all of the clayers (players from the KU basketball championship team). Simply he saw the clayers. There was Big Jay, Baby Jay, the trainers, and all of the coaches and the clayers of KU. The End.

Chapter 4-Watching Thomas the Tank Engine on TV

Once upon a time, there was a boy named Ethan. Ethan was with him mom and dad this Saturday. They were watching Thomas. Something happened to Ethan. The words swirled around his head and Ethan went into the tv show of Thomas. The End. (This is taken from a series of Veggie Tale books where the characters enter the story to learn an object lesson. -the editor.)

Chapter 5
-Math Time and Counting by 5's

Mrs. Beard nd Ethan and his friends were counting by 5's. 5-10-15-20-25-30-35-40-45-50-55-60-65-70-75-80-85-90-95-100.
Ethan was so happy. He was counting by 5's with his friends. The End

Chapter 6-Math Time and Counting by 1's

(the author couted from 1 to 20 and sang a song) Ethan and his friends were counting by 1 to 20. Ethan was so happy. He loved to count. Can you count? The End.

No comments: