Today I took E back to the dentist for a 6 month check up/cleaning following his root canal/extraction/crown & fillings in September, followed by 4 more fillings in October. Today I had high hopes and those hopes were party realized in that the areas already corrected looked "great" and that is a quote. The problem apparently was that when the original, not-wonderful-non-pediatric dentist took his x rays in august, he was not able to give a good x ray of his uppers. Today-praise God, he was-but there are 2 cavities and another cavity affecting the root-which requires yet 2 more fillings, and another crown & pulpotomy/root canal. The dentist reassured me that she is 99% positive that the damage was already there in August and that our new regime is working-but still we have to face this again. My heart is heavy & were it not for her amazing office staff and judicious use of consciously sedating drugs-I don't know what I would do. So for now-February 20th Ethan will undergo his 3rd dental surgery this year. She says it's genetics, I say it SUCKS. But I will get over it-and he doesn't seem to be overly afraid or have terrible memories-so we'll just move forward. Just had to get that off my chest.
If you're reading this-please vote for my favorite blog-thepioneerwoman.com in the bloggie awards. You can find more details on the contestants here-happy reading! May it lift your spirits away from anything negative today. Kisses! L
http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/
No comments:
Post a Comment