And I mean really really cold. Right now it is 9pm and I believe the Weather Channel says it is 11 degrees, God only knows what the wind chill could be....we just bundled up and headed home from Awana-and despite the weather, the kids were really on fire & excited about their verses tonight. It was very refreshing to see. I insisted little man wear his winter hat and gloves. He wasn't too happy, but he felt the wind on his face and agreed. The funny thing about little man is sometimes he seems to have just landed from another planet, and one such occurrence is any time he tries to put gloves on. Or rather-we try to assist him. In any case-he has no concept of how to spread his fingers out, so 3 fingers end up in one finger hole, etc. I know some of this has to do with his visual/perceptive deficits, but overall, it is funny to behold. He just won't take the time from his excitement and desire to do something to stop and try to figure these things out. So Brad & I drove to church with the Volcan (sp?) in the back seat-always ready to greet other aliens with that weird Star Trek hand shake I will never understand. It's complicated yet fulfilling being a mom of an alien life form. ;)
PS the alien ate 2 chicken fingers for dinner with tomatoes & an orange. He also has added grapefruit to his list of foods-the wonders of his choices never cease to amaze me. He says it is a "little bit sour & a little bit bitter, but delicious with fresh juice on the bottom." I think that is fairly accurate!! For a snack he ate chips & salsa, strawberries & gogurt, a whole grapefruit, raisin bran-LORD, I feel a growth spurt coming on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment