Friday, December 26, 2008

It's already happened, I've embarassed the kid....

Well, I didn't expect this in 1st grade, but here it is:

We were pulling up to school one morning---

ethan: Mom, I need to talk to you about something important
me: Okay
ethan: please don't say "love" or "sweet boy" or "baby" or "sugar" anymore
me: okay
e: especially at school because if my friends hear that they will want to move to another country because it is so gross
me: Okay I promise not to do that anymore
e: you can still do it at home though if you want to
me: (with an inward smile....) okay

Just thought that was funny :)

1 comment:

April said...

Hey Laurie!!

I just realized this was you! Those little boys grow up too darn fast. I tell ya what, my oldest boy still lets me get away with calling him Sethy, I have no idea why, but my baby won't let me call him Baby anymore, he wants to be called Kid. Darn it. Good to see you on Blogger, such a small world.