I love when a day is unexpected. Today has been one of those. I really expected to be so exhausted today-I have had one of my best weeks since I had the pain pump put in last year. I was able to take E to school each morning, ran myself ragged, happily. Yesterday was an example-I had an early meeting, followed by Christmas shopping, bought lunch for E's teacher & delivered it, went to lunch with Brad, bought groceries for our party at the house last night, picked up E, went to Sonic and parked by SANTA driving a convertible... Came home, cleaned, cooked 5 dishes & 2 patches of cookies, hosted a party for 15, cleaned the kitchen & went to bed at 1:30 am. Today I expected to rest, and probably feel really cruddy. HOWEVER I DID NOT!
I got up at 9:30 with the guys. Ethan was very motivated by seeing Santa at Sonic yesterday, so he wrote his letter to him first thing. He did half the writing, I did half-which is a huge accomplishment for him!! Then HE PLAYED SCHOOL WITH ME!! I thought I would never see the day that my art-hating, writing-hating visual perception challenged, perfectionist, yet sweet boy would ever find school a thing for play, but he did!!! He even graded my papers, and encouraged sweetly. In addition, 2 days ago, he drew pictures of his own free will about Star Wars Episode 5. I am so excited about this-I am uploading them for all to see.
Then we went downtown to see Santa-which was awesome, heard Carolers, stopped at the library and walked/played at a local park. What a glorious day, praise God for His goodness!!
1 comment:
YAY E! I'm so happy for you Lauri! I wish you that 2009 will be like this week. A pain-free and busy year. LOL.
Post a Comment