Thursday, October 2, 2008

So Relieved & Praising God


I am so relieved to have Ethan's appointment behind us!! To say that he did an amazing job would be such an understatement-he was just incredible!! I think it helped that we didn't tell him very much about the appointment-partly because as his parents, we know too much inf0rmation = anxiety for him, but also because the very wise doctor told us not to overshare. She is very into "building a quality memory" for the child-so we can focus on all the cool things about her office and his appointment-such as you got to watch the movie, you chose a new rubber snake, etc. etc.

He woke up yesterday in very minimal pain-and cried to go to school, so he went, and again, just did great. I cannot express in words my appreciation for the Lord & the comfort and peace He gave me through this whole ordeal. I followed His own advice in the Bible, just giving my cares and worries to Him, and truly HE provided for me the "peace that passeth all understanding" on Tuesday. I didn't cry, I think my heart rate was normal, and I even sat outside in the sunshine while the surgery was happening reading a book. I just am so relieved.

Tonight is the first meeting of Tiger Scouts. It is at the Windhauser's home in the country. I am so excited for Ethan-partly because he will receive his Bobcat badge, but also, because he is so excited about everything. It will be nice to have an activity outside of school so we can get to know the other families better. Here he is all decked out in his uniform-these days of my life are so filled with joy-I am just trying to savor the moment and remember that I need to smile and pay attention.

Thank you God for another glorious day with temperatures cool enough to comfort my hot-natured body. Thank you for a husband & a son with a heart after you, and for the little things like our daily rituals. Please bless and watch over the kids at school today and help them be cooperative & kind to one another-in Jesus' name-Amen.

No comments: