Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thoughts on Autumn


I signed up for the "Bling your Blog" online class at ScrapinStyletv.com, Fashionista University. The info/class is great, but I have been so busy this week, I haven't been able to do squat, zilch, nada, zip regarding the homework....good thing I am no longer in traditional school, huh?

So the first homework assignment, um, from 2 days ago, um....was to write something related to Autumn. Wow-this one is easy for me

I LOVE the fall, it is by far my favorite season, here is a list of some of the reasons why

1. I am always hot, so the cool temps are a great boost for me

2. I love warm, fall colors, and tend to buy clothes in these colors, so I easily blend in with the leaves

3. My son's bday is in October, and even though I didn't pick the actual day-I couldn't have picked a better one for him

4. I love the smell of nutmeg and cinnamon, although I don't care for pumpkin pie....

5. I love the pumpkin patch, and secretly wish I owned it. Mind you, I don't want to take care of the dang thing, but I love the romance of imagining I work the register at the little craft hut, feed the chickens, and drive kids around on the tractor. Well, let me rephrase-maybe I just wish I could hang out there more often. I am way too lazy for owning any type of farm. (BY THE WAY-when I first moved to Lawrence KS, I heard from the manager of our bank that the family who owns the patch paid cash for all 4 of their kids' college educations with-you guessed it-pumpkin money.) These days that is sounding pretty good-maybe I should reconsider...

6. Love leaves

7. Love the smell of decomposing leaves

I think I'd better cut this out now-I am getting off-task and drifiting into rotten territory-literally.

8. PS -I forgot that I also love hayride, apple cider, apple crisp, apple pie-I could go on like this forever, PLUS my pumpkin patch photos always turn out great-ok I am REALLY quitting now. :)

1 comment:

mandi said...

I to, as Otto (from Disney's Robin Hood) says: "am way behind in me work sheriff". I'll get to it. I love your list on Autumn.