Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm a little ADD today




Some days I wake up and I think my brain got a scrambled while I slept. I don't know if this is a common thing among people, but really, I have trouble filtering through all the random thoughts in my head....or completing a task without distraction.....or even finishing a thought through to completion. Anyway, it is one of those days. I enjoy them, but find myself very thankful that it is not the norm with me.

For example, since I have an implanted medication pump, I have to deal with some side effects. The biggest one is that I have to plan a couple day a week for bathroom time. I know, too much information. The thing about being in the bathroom for long stretches is you get bored very easily. Earlier, I found myself reading all the in-depth, tiny words on my new bottle of Febreze Air Effects. I am intrigued by P & G and their quiet takeover of the cleaning aisle. I am also very intrigued by all their new product names. For example, I use the Febreze Wet Jet for cleaning my hard floors lightly (not having to drag out the mop & bucket-just quick cleans...) and the solution I have in it is called "lavendar and comfort" I understand the lavendar part, but "comfort?" Is that Comfort the noun? The verb? How in the heck does either of those relate to cleaning. I am baffled. So I bought the afore mentioned Air Effects for the bathrooms. I bought 3 different scents, well, because I like variety. And we have 3 bathrooms. So I was reading the bottle, right? (now I am sure you can see how my unfocused mind can be a problem here....) This bottle's scent is described as "Vanilla and refresh" Again, what the heck are they talking about????? I am so confused. I have included a couple of photos of the bottle, since it definitely has occupied such a bizarre amount of time today. You know, why not, huh?

I regularly read blogs like some people read newspapers. I read many types of blogs, but mostly they are blogs authored by women, and the large majority of them are scrapbookers. One of my favorites this week has been Ali Edwards' blog, http://aliedwards.typepad.com/ . She is doing a daily life scrapbook project that is very interesting. You basically commit to keep your camera with you through the day and take random shots of your day and tasks. Then you upload the photos and make some very basic notes about the photos & your day. At the end of a week, you do a scrapbook on a week in your life. I think I might do it. So I'll start with the Febreze bottle, and the two photos of my laundry room and see if I can complete this thing. I took two additional photos today, one of my washer & dryer, since I do laundry in a little bit each day. The second is of our back door to the garage & our shoe basket-every day I sweep under there.

No comments: