
What can I say, life gets busy. I am so ashamed that I have let my blog suffer!!! All of those memories that I now won't be able to recall, but this is not a healthy way to live. I just need to move on from here. Let's see.....
September 3-Ethan started First Grade. Whoo Hoo. It was an adjustment for him that first couple of weeks staying all day at school, figuring out the sequence of events-getting to eat lunch with his friends. Big doings here at the Bernet home. I volunteer on Tuesdays to help his class at lunch time. The first week was terrifying-since I was the very first mom on the first day of school-the kids didn't know what was going on, I didn't know what was going on-etc. But now we have the routine down and I am really enjoying my half hour with those kids. Here are 2 photos of E on his first day.
Two days after Ethan started school, I left for Washington DC to meet my great childhood friends for a girls' trip. My bff Atalie works for Joanne Emerson-a Congresswoman, so Joanne's staff planned a full weekend for us touring all the sites. My favorites were the White House & Pentagon tours which now you can only do if a Congress person schedules for you. It was such a n amazing trip, and seeing the girls was great. The only sad part was that several others that normally travel with us, Mamata, Kristie , Christy & Donna were unable to come. Here is a photo of Atalie, Betsy, Susan & myself in front of the Capitol building.

Since then, I have been busy with additional volunteering at the school, a Mom's Prayer group that prays for the school on Wednesdays, daily chores, I started helping with the Truth & Training club in Awana, helping kick off the Tiger Scouts, plus all our other activities like Awana, College & Career and LLF happenings.
No comments:
Post a Comment