Wow, it came up on me fast this year. SO so very fast. But so far, so good. We are trying to pace ourselves and have a relaxing spring break.
Yesterday, I took E out for a donut breakfast, followed by the bank * Library * post office run. Then after lunch his friend Luke came over for 3 1/2 hours. It was an awesome day. I even managed to fire up the crock pot. I cooked a pork loin with applesauce & sauerkraut, and it stunk so bad that I relegated it to the deck outside. Good news, it turned out awesome and made the best BBQ sandwiches I have ever tasted.
This morning, we did Topeka zoo at 8:30 am with the Jackson family and their 3 boys, as well as E's friend Andrew. It was a great time, with lots of stopping to play and climb on rocks. We finished with lunch at McD's, and drove home. Thank God for the GPS which made our lives much simpler. This afternoon, we plan a downtown trip to the toy store, yarn barn & candy store for ice cream. All in all a very, very relaxing, GORGEOUS spring day.
Tomorrow, E is going hiking on the prairie trail with his Awana teacher. Then we are going to start our garden seeds in small pots, and then swim. We might need a rest by Thursday, LOL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment