Monday, January 30, 2012

Dear Ethan,

I have decided that since I am not doing a good job of blogging regularly, I can at least try to use this format for documenting messages to my family for them to have & keep.  I will call it the Dear series, and the post title will have a salutation similar to a letter.

Dear Ethan,
I am so proud of the young man you are becoming.  I see you truly having a heart to follow Christ, and of all the things I could desire for you, this is the most important to me, and the one over which I have absolutely no control!  So God is working in your life, praise be to HIM!  We all still have our struggles and you are very aware of your own struggles, but you know, you are going to be okay because you are listening to the Lord, and you are His son.

I was prompted to write this post because you came home last week and told us you had attended chapel at school.  The speaker talked about forgiveness and valuing family.  Then you told me that you were given the assignment to write a note of appreciation to someone, and you picked your Uncle Jeremy because he takes care of you on Tuesday evening.  This was so sweet of you Ethan, and we are so proud that you picked someone so deserving.  That was all you and all God! 
Love,
Mom

No comments: