Hi world! I got caught up in the tornado of the end of the school year and just now have landed back on earth. I am still spinning a little, but overall, all is great!
Last night we went to a graduation party for one of my first piano students that signed up with me in Lawrence-circa 1995. Ugh-how can they be graduating already?
You can read more about this fabulous young lady HERE
Oh well-the party was fabulous-great food, including some cooked by the grandma who is from Poland-great high school jazz band-seriously the best I have heard. But the best thing about the party to us was that Ethan made friends with the youngest child of yet another old piano family and they ran & played for almost 2 hours. It was boy bliss-and so fun to watch as their heads got more and more sweaty from just running and pretending. Happy days indeed. Before we left for the party, though....another funny conversation happened...
I had asked Ethan to change into his polo & docker shorts for the party...
Ethan: Mom, I can't change here in the living room because somebody might see my Farget
Me: What?
E: You know, my farget?
Me: I don't know what a farget is, Ethan.
E: Mom, it is that thing in my body that pushes the pee out.
At this point I am thinking, kidneys? bladder? What the holy cow is going on here?
Me: Ethan, there is no such thing as a farget.
Ethan: (starting to get a little huffy)..Mom, it is that thing that I am not supposed to show other people on my body. That is why I always close the door when I go to the bathroom so nobody could see my farget.
Me: Are you talking about your penis?
Ethan: Yes, that penis thing.
Me: (choking back the belly laughs) It will be fine son, I will close the curtains.
Now at this point you may ask,
1. Why are they getting dressed in the living room. I don't have a good answer for that. It is where the ironing board was set up.
2. Why does your 7 year old not know the name of his private? I don't have a good answer for that either-we recently had that discussion and apparently his memory has been swiped by aliens or something....but man, was it funny. I mean, where did he come up with the name?
No comments:
Post a Comment