Sunday, April 26, 2009
Tornado party
It seems the last few years have been REALLY good to us here in Lawrence, Kansas. I think I remember only one time last spring having to go to the basement, and that only for a thunderstorm. Yesterday was different, but it worked. I was caught completely off-guard. I knew there was the possibility of severe weather, but we had literally just sat down at the dinner table and heard sirens. We grabbed the plates and a few necessities and all headed down to the basement. Our basement is unfinished and largely used for storage...i.e. I don't go down there very often. So it needs some attention. In February I do remember vaguely going down and moving junk around, packing garbage bags and sweeping up a bit-I am so glad that I did. We are also so thankful that although the sirens kept sounding for almost 30 minutes straight, all here on the home front is great. And a HUGE thanks to Grandma & Grandpa for the AWESOME, giant Search & Find book from Sam's Club. Ethan came away from the experience with surprising calm. He did the book for about an hour, we played Travel "Guess Who" and told Camp Stories under a blanket for fun. The only flaw was the complete lack of snacks in the basement, but I will be ready next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment