So I should be making lists of people and their presents, and which stores I need to visit. Today I am thinking I want to get some really cool things for the people on my list. The name I drew in my family's pool is a really cool one, one I've wanted to draw for years, so I need to make this gift count, and I know just the thing.
Then there is Ethan-man's teacher. I would kiss the ground she walked on, clean all her stuff, cook for her, I have that much respect for her. She looks at my little boy who, although sweet and kind, has some challenges. In him, she sees NOT the challenges first, but instead sees all the things that he IS, and celebrates them. Then she sees his handwriting, and she sees improvement that is continuing. How could I have asked for more in a kindergarten teacher? How can I ask the same from his first grade teacher? I'll leave that to the Lord, whose awesome sovereignty gave him the teacher this year that is better than I ever dared to dream!
How do I think this wonderful, soft-spoken woman who keeps a whole classroom of little boys working hard and happy? What can I give her that is heartfelt, yet something unique that she'll appreciate? More tomorrow as I lull this over in my head.
Today we got our first snow of the winter season 2007. It is beautiful, and the roads were terrible. We are in for sufficient continuation of the same and some ice, for which I'd like to pass. Somehow it is good to have a quiet day warm indoors while the snow falls outdoors. I liked it.
So tomorrow, I have to work on that list, but today I have listened to the very unique quiet that is muffled by a small snow. I find it so fascinating and am thankful for it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment