Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Focus in addition to family

Since I am so remiss in writing & posting, I have decided to use this as a spiritual journal as well. 

Today I read Psalm 69, Proverbs 20 &

In Proverbs 20:27, it says "The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching out all the inward parts of the belly.

In my center column, "candle" is also translated as lamp.  Not too much more clarity, but then I re read the verse several times, and I have been misunderstanding the words "spirit of man" when I read this.  I think now, that it is referring to our spirit, our old man, the flesh that still remains sinful even after we have received Christ.  So now reading this again, it makes more sense to me,

My spirit/old man/flesh/sin nature serves as a lamp of the Lord, and it helps Him to search out all the inward parts of me (and reveals the truth of who I really am, not just who I claim to be).

Awesome!!

No comments: